It is important to verify e911 services upon sign up, and periodically as part of your regular office safety check procedures. You can use the following script to validate the e911 service.
Dial 911, and speak with the e911 operator.
- "Hello, this is a non-emergency call, I'm making a Voice-Over-IP test call. Do you have a moment to verify my emergency information or can we schedule a later time to do so?"
- "Did you receive ANI information? What number do you show?"
- Confirm that this matches the Caller-ID phone number that you expected to send.
- "Were you able to retrieve ALL information? Can you verify the address that is displayed?"
- Confirm that this matches your intended emergency address.
- "Do you show my Call Back Number?"
- Confirm that this matches the Caller-ID number that you expected to send.
- "Does the information on your display appear in the proper fields?"
- The operator should answer yes, which confirms that none of the information fields appeared ordered incorrectly, e.g. the street number in the city field.
- "Thank you for your help to verify our information."