Group Call Pickup enables a user to answer any ringing line within their pick-up group. A pick-up group is a group administrator-defined set of users within the group, to which the Call Pickup feature applies. The Group Call Pickup feature requires Call Pickup groups to be added, modified, and removed as well as assigning specific users to that pickup group.
To pick up a ringing call, a user dials the Call Pickup feature access code (*98). The user is then connected to the caller and the original called station stops ringing. If more than one line in the pick-up group is ringing, the call that has been ringing the longest is answered. Users can also execute Call Pickup via a web interface.
Members of a Call Pickup group can monitor incoming calls to other members using Monitoring, Sharing or the Receptionist Client. When a monitored member receives a new call, if configured all monitoring members are notified of the incoming call and any member of the Call Pickup group may pick up the unanswered call by initiating the Call Pickup feature code. Monitored users may be configured to not received notifications.
- Group Call Pickup is a Site level feature which included in all Hosted PBX and PRI station packages, no order is required
- Valid Call Pickup station types are Premium User, Standard User, Hosted Square Key, Common Area, Conference Room, and Hosted PRI
- A user can only be assigned to one Call Pickup group
- A Call Pickup group may only have assign users from same Site
- A Site may have multiple Call Park groups
- Call Pickup Group names must be unique
- Assigning a user to a Call Pickup group removes the Barge-in restriction if enabled for that user
Go to My Site
Select the appropriate Site to configure
Go to Site Services
Add a Call Pickup Group
Edit a Call Pickup Group
Select the Pickup Group
Assign/Remove Members to the Call Pickup Group
Delete a Call Pickup Group