The Group Call Park feature allows a defined group user to park a call against other available members of a Call Park group which may be picked up by other members of the group at their phone.
Group Call Park capabilities include:
- Enables Feature Access Code (FAC) *58 to Park Calls to a Group
- Enables FAC *88 plus the extension to retrieve the parked call
- Provides a visual indication to the station parking a call that it is parked against an extension for 5 seconds to distinguish between a reverted call and a new call
- Provides an audio indication to the recall user to notify of the reverted call
- Hunting-type search pattern to find first available Call Park group member based on defined sequential order
- Recall setting options:
- Recall timer which defines the amount of time a call will stay parked before it is reverted to the parking user or alternate recall user.
- Alternate recall user enables the reverted call to be routed to a hunt group instead of the original parking user either directly or after the recall user has been reattempted.
To park a call to a group, the parking user puts an active call on hold and enters the feature access code (FAC) *58. The call park group service automatically hunts for the first available member of the Call Park group to park the call against. The Group Call Park feature always starts at the first assigned member. When a member is available and the call is parked against that member, the caller parking the call will receive an announcement with the extension of the member the call is parked against. The parking user may then announce or page the parked against user that a call has been parked against their extension.
The parked caller is placed on hold until a member retrieves the parked call using *88 (plus extension) from the extension it was parked against. If the parked call is not retrieved within the provisioned recall time, the parked call is retrieved and presented to the user that originally parked the call or an alternate recall user. The recall user is a Call Park group setting and is configurable.
Call Park provides a unique notification of parked calls for the group members to differentiate from normal calls.
Parking user: After a user parks a call against the Call Park group, they will receive an announcement with the extension of the group member the call is parked against. If the call is recalled, the parking user will receive both an audio notification through an optional distinctive ring and a visual notification through the phone display noting it is a “recall” type of call.
If the parking user’s line appears on other phones as shared or monitored, these phones also will be notified of the reverted calls as well as shown in the receptionist client by default but can be configured to not show the reverted calls in My Site.
- Group Call Park is a Site level feature which included in all BroadCloud Hosted PBX and Hosted PRI site packages, no order is required
- Valid Call Park station types are Premium User, Standard User, Hosted Square Key, Common Area, Conference Room, and Hosted PRI
- A user can only be assigned to one Call Park group
- A Call Park group may only have users from same Site
- A Site may have multiple Call Park groups
- Call Park Group names must be unique
Go to My Site
Select the appropriate Site to configure
Go to Site Services
Go to the Group Call Park Feature configuration
Configure the Call Park Group
Configure Global Settings
The top section of Global Call Park Settings applies only to Directed Call Park (*68). The bottom section applies to both Directed Call Park and Group Call Park (*58).
- Alert parking user only – If a parked call is not picked up, it is reverted back to the person that parked the call after the Recall Timer has lapsed based on the configured recall time. If the parking user does not pick-up the reverted call and the Recall Timer lapses again, the parking user is attempted again in 10 seconds.
- Alert parking user first, then Hunt Group – If a parked call is not picked up, it is reverted back to the person that parked the call after the Recall Timer has lapsed based on the configured recall time. If the parking user does not pick-up the reverted call in the set time (Alert Hunt Group Wait Time), the call will be forwarded to the selected Hunt Group. The call will then follow the hunt group routing and not be reverted. (This option is only available if a Hunt Group has been ordered and configured)
- Alert Hunt Group only – If a parked call is not picked up call in the set time (Recall Timer), the call will be forwarded to the selected Hunt Group. The call will then follow the hunt group routing and not be reverted. (This option is only available if a Hunt Group has been ordered and configured)
- Hunt Group Selection – If Hunt Groups are available and configured, select a Hunt Group to send parked calls that are not answered. If no Hunt Groups are configured, there will be no Hunt Groups to select.
- Ring Pattern for Recalled Calls – Enables the ringing for reverted parked calls to have a distinctive ring to differentiate it from other types of calls.Recall Timer (secs) – Sets the time in seconds that a parked call will remain parked before it is reverted to the parking user (for Alert parking user only setting) or Hunt Group (for Alert Hunt Group only setting).
- Alert Hunt Group Wait Time (secs) - Sets the time in seconds that a parked call will remain parked before it is reverted to the Hunt group after the parking user has first been alerted (for Alert parking user first, then Hunt Group setting)
Add a Call Park Group
Select a Group to edit
Assign Members to the Call Park Group and recall settings for a specific Hunt Group
Editing Call Park Groups
Delete Call Park Groups