All of the drives that contain data are automatically backed up on a nightly basis.
If files are locked for use, by applications such as Microsoft Word or Excel, they are still backed up. Olafe cannot guarantee backed up data integrity as the backup may occur while data is written and may corrupt data. It is highly recommended that everyone logout from the system every night to ensure effective data backup.
If you have running databases that have data locked and available for use all the time, we will work with your application and/or database vendor to create properly scheduled backups.
Olafe keeps backed up data for 30 days as part of the hosted desktop product offering.
Longer backup retention periods, beyond the 30 day expiration process, is available for an additional charge. The charge will vary based on the following factors:
- Quantity of data stored
- Length of time to retain the data
- Typical retention times are 90 days, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, 7 years
- How quickly the data has to be restored
- How much data has to be restored within a specified time frame
- Where the backup data has to be stored
- Can it be stored in the same geographic region, does it have to be stored in the country