In order to have a smooth conversion process, it is essential that you provide as much detail as possible in order for Olafe to properly plan for a streamlined conversion.
- Technical Information
- Inventory of all the computer systems
- Administrative credentials to all the computer systems
- Desktop, servers, databases, firewalls, network switches
- Application information
- All applications names and versions
- Application license/registration information
- Vendor support contacts
- Installation media or links to download from the vendor
- Break out of which applications are used by which individuals or groups of people
- Identify all of the locations of where everyone's data is stored
- Web/email domain information
- List of all registered domains
- Logon information for all domain registrars
Migration could take anywhere from a couple of days to several weeks. The migration process is dependent on the following factors:
- Availability of the required thin clients, monitors, and firewalls necessary for the conversion
- Amount of data to be migrated to the Olafe Online Desktop
- Amount of email data
- Complete information of all the applications
- All the required applications working in the new operating system environment
If the software you have is currently too old to run on a modern computer with a new operating system or it is no longer supported by the software vendor, you will have to upgrade to the latest release.
If you have old software and Olafe has quoted for you an upgrade as part of the proposal, like Microsoft Windows or Microsoft Office, then there's no need to pay any upgrade fees. Olafe will provide for you a fully licensed copy.
Article is closed for comments.