Occasionally monitors do not display correct resolutions when connected to a Dell Wyse Thin Client. This happens because of a power surge, or due to a power outage that may occur off hours.
To correct the problem, please perform the following steps to reset the monitor, and the communication link to the thin client computer:
- Power off all the devices:
- Power off the Dell Wyse Thin Client
- Power off any connected printer(s)
- Power off the monitor(s)
- Wait about a minute
- Power on in the following order:
- Power on the monitor(s)
- Power on any connected printer(s)
- Power on the Dell Wyse Thin Client
If the following procedure does not correct the problem for the Thin Client, please contact support to hard code the resolution settings.
If hard coding monitor resolutions does not resolve the issue, a new monitor will have to be purchased to resolve the issue.
Article is closed for comments.